L.A. City and County minimum wage goes up on July 1, 2017 to $10.50/hr. for employers with 25 or fewer employees, and to $12.00/hr. for employers with 26 or more employees. Any employee who works 2 or more hours in a 7 day week in L.A. must be paid that minimum wage for those hours worked in the city/county.
- CA EMPLOYERS PROHIBITED FROM COOPERATING VOLUNTARILY WITH FEDERAL IMMIGRATION AUTHORITIES
- MANDATORY PARENTAL LEAVE EXTENDED TO EMPLOYERS OF 20-49 EMPLOYEES
- EMPLOYERS PROHIBITED FROM SEEKING OR USING SALARY HISTORY IN HIRING
- BAN-THE-BOX AND OTHER RESTRICTIONS ON CA EMPLOYERS USING CRIMINAL HISTORY OF JOB APPLICANTS
- ANTI-SEXUAL HARASSMENT SUPERVISOR TRAINING MUST NOW INCLUDE TRAINING ON PREVENTION OF HARASSMENT BASED ON GENDER IDENTITY, GENDER EXPRESSION AND SEXUAL ORIENTATION